Friday, September 19, 2008

Hello Again, Third Ward Residents!

As we say goodbye to summer and welcome the crisp autumn weather, I want to take this opportunity to say a special hearty hello to 3rd Ward residents; you have been extremely supportive of me over the years as your councilman (2nd and 3rd Ward At-Large from 1998-2004) and as your freeholder (I completed a 3-year term in 2007). I want to continue the very close working relationship that I have had with you during my years as your representative. I knocked on many of your doors during the recent democratic primary campaign and I have spoken with many of you about the issues that are nearest and dearest to you.

During the next six weeks, I will again be walking the districts throughout the 3rd Ward in the hopes of catching up with those of you who were not at home when I visited back in the spring. I am also looking forward to revisiting some of the issues I discussed with many of you who welcomed me then; I look forward to continuing the dialogue we started. I want to hear from you first-hand, and I want to give you the opportunity to question me on the concerns you feel are of greatest importance to Plainfield right now.

I want to continue to partner with you as we work together to bring about change on the local and national levels. I want you to join me in working to get Barack Obama elected as the next president of the United States. This is an opportunity for us to stand together, united as one for change. I encourage you to visit this blog on a frequent basis to become more familiar with my position on the issues facing the city, Union County, the state of New Jersey, and the nation. I welcome your feedback.

Watch for me as I travel throughout the 3rd Ward in the coming weeks; I’ll be watching for you!

Regards, Adrian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my first time reading your blog. I will be on the lookout for you Mr. Mapp, I look forward to hearing your ideas on how to improve the city. I have many of my own, starting with street repairs.