Tuesday, March 20, 2012 – 7:00 PM
1049 Central Avenue
The Board of Muhlenberg has proposed demolishing the hospital and replacing it with 600 units of housing. Several questions arise, among them:
- Does this type of development make sense?
- Is this too much density for that neighborhood?
- Is this what Plainfield needs?
- Are the ratables enough to offset the costs to the city and to the school system?
- Why housing only? Why is there not a commercial component to what has been proposed?
- What are the alternatives?
What are your thoughts? Come share them with me and the rest of the Council, along with the Muhlenberg Board.