Friday, May 18, 2012

Enjoy Plainfield's Weekend Events


This weekend, Plainfield has a number of events for residents to attend: 

Saturday

The League of Women Voters of Plainfield will be hosting a Voter Education and Registration Initiative at Plainfield High School, with sessions running from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. I highly encourage parents to send their newly-registered high school students to attend at least one of the information sessions so they will know what identification to bring with them to the June 5th primary, and what to expect. 

As other bloggers have already said, the superintendent search public interview process will take place at Emerson School from 1:00 - 3:00 pm.

The Friends of the Plainfield Public Library will be hosting the Annual Wine Discovery Fundraiser from 4:00 - 7:00 pm in the Reading Rainforest Children's Room.

Sunday
I will be out again, canvassing in the Third Ward, knocking on doors to meet you, my constituents, to discuss the state of the Third Ward and our city.

The FOSH Garage Sale will take place from 9:00 - 4:00 pm in the Sleepy Hollow area and also in the Third Ward's Van Wyck Brooks Historic District--I will see you there!

At 5:00 pm, the NAACP will be hosting a candidate forum at the Whitney Young Apartments Community Center, 300 Central Avenue. All the candidates will be in attendance, and I will make my case for re-election as the Third Ward Democratic council representative. 


On Monday, I will be posting my thoughts on this year's budget--stay tuned!


Regards,


Adrian



No comments: