Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thanks to my Colleagues for Their Vote of Confidence



Earlier this evening I was elected president of the Plainfield City Council; my name was moved in nomination by Councilor William Reid and seconded by Councilor Rebecca Williams. I received the unanimous support of my colleagues. I wish to take this opportunity to thank all of them for the trust and confidence they have placed in me in choosing me as their leader for the 2012 council year. I last led the council in 2004; I am grateful for the opportunity to serve in this role again. With the ongoing support of my colleagues I intend to shepherd some much needed reform, during this legislative session, building on the reform agenda led by former council president Annie Mcwilliams, over the past two years.


Much work lies ahead for us in the coming months; I intend to lead a united council in accomplishing the goals that were outlined during last evening’s re-organization meeting. We must work together in order to harness the untapped synergies of the seven for the common good of, one, Plainfield. I encourage each one of us to get out into the community and make service to our constituents more than just a mantra; let it be our reality as elected officials.

Again, thanks to my colleagues for their vote of confidence.

Warm regards,

Adrian

No comments: